The UK is sleepwalking into a low paid, low skills and low productivity economy. Productivity levels are behind G7 nations and still below the levels of the financial crash.
The 8th annual Skills Summit allowed delegates to discover how tochanges will deliver a new world-class technical education system, boost the number of those choosing apprenticeships and have a greater focus on the needs of employers.
Key topics discussed at 2019 included:
- The Industrial Strategy and skills after Brexit?
- Teenage apprenticeships: awareness deficit
- Understanding regional employer needs
- Creating degree based apprenticeships
- T-Levels, a new career pathway
- Recruiting more apprentices
- National Retraining Scheme
- Improving workplace skills
Previous speakers includeconfirmed for 2019:
- Professor Steven McIntosh, Centre for Vocational Education Research, University of Sheffield
- Mark Dawe, Chief Executive, Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP)
- Senior Representative, National Retraining Scheme Division, Department for Education
- Alison Morris, Director - Sector Development, The Education and Training Foundation
- Philip Cox, Chief Executive, Cheshire & Warrington Local Enterprise Partnership
- Dr Elnaz Kashefpakdel, Head of Research, Education and Employers
- Julian Roberts, Head of Employability, Truro and Penwith College
- Lucy Sydney, Director of Strategic Relationships for VTQ, Ofqual
- Annette Allmark, Head of Apprenticeships, BCS
- Sonali Parekh, Head of Policy, FSB
FE colleges - Independent skills & training providers - Employers (including HR, L&D and Workforce Development) - LEPs & local authority skills teams - Higher Education Institutions - Awarding bodies & regulators - Learning & training solution providers - Policy makers
Public Sector & Registered Charities | 1 place: £295 | 2+ places: £245 each
Private Sector | 1 place: £395 | 2+ Places | £345 each
Prices above exclude VAT
Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. This event is equivalent to 4 CPD points. A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.